August 11 -Corvettes of Southern New Brunswick Show 'n Shine

Started by HATE2W8, August 12, 2012, 08:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HATE2W8

Although the weather was not promising and the odds were against us that the sun would appear in Saint John, 9 brave Corvette couples made the run to Saint John with a 10th couple from GMCC meeting us there.  Sure enough, the only improvement in the weather was the fog lifting mid-afternoon.
Many great prizes were given out during the day but the more expensive ones were held for the supper... and you had to be present to win.  There were 4 TVs (2-32 inch/ 2-42 inch).  A pair was won by two couples from Fredericton (Vern & Julie got the large, while Mac & Simone took home the smaller) and two went over to PEI (Kingsley & Gerry got the large and Errol & Dionne the smaller - my guess it will end up in their little girl's room).  Because Dwight & Libby weren't able to make the trip, that opened up the chances for someone else to win the 5 day cruise- and the lucky winner was Leontine & Roger.  I think Leontine was so excited that she wouldn't have gotten any rest last night.  I didn't take note of who won the pressure washers (there were 2), but I believe they stayed in Saint John.
Six tickets were given out for a chance to win a 2013-427 corvette from the National Museum.  Roger Bourgeois commented that he couldn't even win a chance on a chance (even though he was sitting at a very lucky table).   :)   
The supper was great, price was right, and the drive home uneventful.   Everyone is now looking forward to the next event, being held on Prince Edward Island. 
Save the Wave !  (first 2 photos below are taken in the parking lot of the supper; while the others are actually at the show and shine - heavy on the word "show").

03BlueVette

Here is a link to a slideshow of the event done by Tom Hiltz aka redvette.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/redvette/sets/72157631023697900/show/`