July 18, 2015 - St Martins

Started by psdunn, July 19, 2015, 10:48:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psdunn

Eleven Corvettes set out from Moncton to travel the back roads to our destination of St Martins and the Fundy Parkway.  We travelled along Homestead Road to Petitcodiac where we turned onto Rte 890 through Cornhill and on to Sussex.  The scenery along this route is beautiful with rolling hills, forests and many large and small farms.  After a brief rest stop in Sussex, we followed Rte 111 to St Martins, with a scenic detour along the way.  When we arrived in St Martins we discovered that we had arrived during Old Home Week, a local summer festival and the main street was lined with parked cars on both sides making for a very slow and careful drive through town to our lunch stop, The Caves Restaurant, right on the rocky beach on the Bay of Fundy.  There was a bit of excitement when a couple of our cars got into the very loose rocks in the parking lot and looked like they were about to sink before getting to more solid ground.  Unfortunately, I had to leave the group at this time because of a minor car malfunction that has since been diagnosed and corrected, so I missed the tour of the Fundy Parkway.  However, I have attached photos from Facebook postings by Angie and Marilyn to show this part of the trip.