August 15 & 16, 2015 - PEI Vettefest

Started by psdunn, August 16, 2015, 10:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

psdunn

On a beautiful sunny Saturday morning, Corvettes from New Brunswick and Nova Scotia showed up in record numbers at the Gateway Village on the PEI side of the Confederation Bridge.  No matter how many times I make the crossing, this engineering marvel never ceases to amaze me, particularly when I think of the long lineups we used to endure at the ferry terminals.  A total of 54 cars departed from Borden and our route took us west past Summerside and then north along the coast to the very tip of the island in North Cape, the site of a large wind farm and a rocky beach that is home to many sea birds.  The sea breeze provided nice relief to the warm sun as everyone enjoyed a very nice lunch at the restaurant located at the end of the island.  After lunch, we all headed for Charlottetown and our motel for the night.  After checking in and relaxing with some adult beverages we headed into town to enjoy the barbecue and chinese auction provided by our gracious hosts, the PEICC.  After a hot, loud, fun-filled evening we headed back to our motel for further relaxation and companionship.

Sunday morning dawned sunny and warm and most of those in attendance were devoted to car cleanup in preparation for the show at Action Car and Truck Accessories on the Trans Canada Highway in Charlottetown.  After a very warm show, the winners were announced and the following GMCC members won their class:

C2 - Brian and Debbie Palmer
C3 - Bill and Vivian Kierstead
C5 - Ola and Annette Goguen
C6 - Paul Dunn
C7 - Roger Cormier
Charity Choice - Don MacAulay

Congratulations to all the winners.  Following the show, many attended a group dinner on the way to the bridge while others high tailed it for home.  A huge thanks goes out to the PEI club for a wonderful weekend event - many hours of planning went into making it the tremendous success that it was.  See you next year!!

psdunn

Here are a few more pics from the island.