December 12th - GMCC Christmas Party

Started by HATE2W8, December 13, 2015, 04:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HATE2W8

Well folks, another successful get together.  Unfortunately our photographer was unable to make the party and no one thought about pictures, we are just so used to Paul taking care of things.  So, let me see if I can use words to help with the images.  Our Corvette Club has been very fortunate in having a location to celebrate a Christmas party together in the past years, but I believe all the attendants last evening have to agree that this is the spot that outdid the last.   The Knights of Columbus hall was beautifully decorated with a large tree for us to place our  gifts under for sharing.  The doors opened at 5:30 and, with the exception of a few sheep who could not find the spot without first making a couple of wrong turns, the 39 participants appeared.  Included were folks from out-of-town as well:  Balmoral, Fredericton, Wentworth, and Rexton.  It was great to have the time to chat and mingle before the delicious meal was served at 6:30:  turkey, dressing, potatoes, carrots, string beans, gravy.... wonderful salad & rolls.   Between arrival and meal, we drew for door prizes: a few purchased by Steve & Marilyn W. and the rest donated by Trueman & Marilyn C.  Thank you to these folks for making that happen.  After the meal, which included the best part as far as I was concerned, a rum-raison dessert (Roger claims the chef dumped a 40 oz in the recipe), we participated in the yankee-swap gift exchange.  Some members were shy about stealing from another, but there is always those that are braver than most and went home with some of the more sought-after gifts.... jam packed car cleaning kit, die cast Corvettes, C1 floor mats, beautiful Christmas decorations, to name a few.  Bob Steeves won a very nice wallet and the giver had never heard about it being bad luck to give one without it already containing money, so to break the spell she handed him a loonie.  Phew ! 

Then time to digest and chat a little more.  Once our out-of-town guests needed to start thinking about heading home, we concluded the
evening with the Chinese Auction.  Why I did not think of pictures at least at this point, I'll never know (and I don't even drink).   We had prizes donated by Don MacAulay, Trueman Copp & Lindou Cormier.  One prize in particular was a print of Chip Foose with a C7, which was personalized by Chip himself with a fee-hand drawn C1 and his autograph.  The lucky winner was Louise Fyffe.   You were very much envied Louise! 

After another short period of remembering our 2015 trips and new friends, Merry Christmas was heard from all and the party came to an end.   

THANK YOU goes to the members who donated prizes for the party and to Ed LeBlanc for finding the hall, but  a special heartfelt THANK YOU goes to Steve & Marilyn W. for really putting a lot of hours into making the party a success.... your choice of chefs and door prizes was great.  We've had some fun Christmas parties in the past, but personally I think this was the best so far !      Angie