Ferry Crossings - Kings County, NB - July 18, 2019

Started by HATE2W8, July 17, 2019, 02:19:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HATE2W8

Starting out with what we thought might be a damp day, 7 Corvettes crossed the Kingston/Gondola Point ferry, then the Grand-Bay Ferry, then the Evandale Ferry, and finally the Kars Ferry (The Province may have different names for them, but that's what I'll call them for now).  Our leader, Tina & her dad Dave Fyffe, did a great job keeping us together as we toured roads that neither Roger nor I had ever been on, and we've been almost everywhere in NB.  The Club paid for all the Ferry crossings... thank you Roger for making that executive decision.  The rain held off until the end of the day.
Dave & Louise Fyffe set up a BBQ for us, hosted by their son Stephen and his wife Shelley, at what I will call their estate.  A home that you thought you'd only see in a magazine with a million dollar view.  The property took my breath away - a dream come true residence.  Can you tell I loved it?   They treated us to giant cheese burgers with an array of wonderful homemade desserts, including a cake made by our hostess that was gone before she could say "I don't want any leftovers". 
After a relaxing period of time, we continued on our journey with a stop at the Dunhams Run Estate Winery in Kingston.  After a few samplings and purchases, we continued until our mapped out route ended with an ice cream stop just as the sky opened up to a very short lightning show.
We then hit the highway for home.    What a great day it turned out to be.... great cars, great food, great new/old friends, and great entertainment (not necessarily in that order).    Thank you to the Fyffe's and their wonderful family for this trip.